英文English: 2023-2024 International Foundation Program
1. 一律採用線上申請系統報名，不接受紙本資料，且逾期不受理。 Online application only. Hard-copy applications are not accepted. Overdue application will not be considered.
2. 繳交資料請詳閱下方之「應繳資料及證明文件」。 Please read the required documents for submitsion.
3. 免收報名費，每人可選填3個志願，每位考生限受理1份報名表。 No application fee is required. Each applicant can apply to up to 3 programs in the same application form.
4. 請依線上申請系統指示及簡章說明，確實填寫資料，上傳必繳項目。 Applicants must provide the information and documents required by the online application system and the application manual.
5. 相關訊息如資料不齊全、資料錯誤等，將另以Email通知，逾期不受理，將視為資格不符。 Applicants will be notified via email if they submit incomplete/incorrect informatio
A person of foreign nationality who has never held Republic of China (“R.O.C.”) nationality and does not have overseas Chinese student status at the time of application.
A person of foreign nationality who meets the following requirements and has resided overseas continuously for at least six years at the time of application.
1. A person who at the time of application also holds dual R.O.C. nationality shall have never had household registration in Taiwan.
2. A person who before the time of application also held dual R.O.C. nationality but no longer does at the time of application shall have renounced his/her R.O.C. nationality with the approval of the Ministry of the Interior at least eight full years before his/her application.
3. The persons referred to in the preceding two subparagraphs must have never studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student and have not accepted a placement by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students in the current academic year.
An applicant of foreign nationality, who is eligible for permanent residence in Hong Kong or Macao, and has never had household registration in Taiwan, and at the time of application has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or elsewhere overseas continuously for at least six years.
An applicant who was formerly from the Mainland Area has foreign nationality and has never had household registration in Taiwan, and who at the time of his/her application has resided overseas continuously for at least six years.
A person who was selected by a foreign government, organization, or school to study in Taiwan in accordance with the Education Cooperation Framework Agreement, and who has never had household registration in Taiwan may be eligible with the approval of the competent education administrative authority.
If an international student who applied to come to Taiwan to undertake a bachelor's degree or lower level program in Taiwan and after coming to Taiwan stayed for less than one year and for some reason discontinued their studies or forfeited their student status, then this student may re-apply to study in Taiwan for only one time.
International students must have graduated from the high schools, colleges or universities recognized by the Ministry of Education (“MOE”). International students with a foreign high school diploma may apply for the undergraduate programs.
The assessment and recognition of foreign academic credentials should be subject to the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan as well as the following rules:
1. Academic credentials from the Mainland Area: shall be handled in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Academic Credentials for Mainland Area.
2. Academic credentials from Hong Kong or Macao: shall be handled in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations Governing the Examination and Recognition of Educational Qualifications from Hong Kong and Macao.
3. The assessment and recognition of academic credentials at an adequate level of education should be conducted in accordance with the MOE Standards for Recognition of Equivalent Educational Levels for University Admission.
The foreign high school, college or university where an applicant earned his/her graduation certificate, diploma or academic credentials must be officially recognized by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C. Please visit the Database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities for more details.
An international student is not permitted to re-apply for studying in Taiwan if he/she has been expelled from an educational institution in Taiwan or had his/her student status forfeited due to unsatisfactory conduct or academic performance or a serious violation of laws or the regulations of the educational institution.
An international student who intends to apply for transfer admission to one of the bachelor’s degree programs at YZU should have already been enrolled in and studied at a college or university in Taiwan, and he/she should be subject to the criteria applicable to domestic transfer applicants. If he/she meets the criteria, he/she will be admitted to a sophomore or junior class based on the qualifications review results.
An applicant who is found to have violated any of the above rules should be disqualified from admission, or have his/her student status forfeited, or the issued academic degree should be revoked. YZU reserves the right not to issue any certificate to such a student.
Passport or other nationality certificate.
Certificate of Education such as a Diploma or a Certificate of Enrollment:
1. Applicants who are graduating in the current year must submit a copy of the student identity card or certificate of enrollment valid in the graduation semester, and must obtain an official diploma before enrollment to YZU. The certificate needs to be translated into Traditional Chinese (except when the diploma is written in English) for the application review. Applicants who do not provide the aforementioned documents will be disqualified for admission; if they are already admitted to the university, their admission will be revoked.
2. Applicants who have already graduated must submit a copy of the diploma. Applicants to the undergraduate programs must submit a copy of a high school diploma, while applicants to the master programs must submit a copy of a bachelor degree.
Academic Transcript: Applicants who are graduating in the current year must submit copies of the transcripts and ranking certificates of Grade 10 and 11.
Autobiography: Should be written in Traditional Chinese or English. Applicants who submit different versions of personal statements to apply to different programs shall specify the name of each program and fill in the corresponding section in the online application system.
Each applicant must submit a 2×2 inches photo taken within the last 6 months and show the face without wearing a hat.
Declaration for International Students of Yuan Ze University (as Appendix I). Applicants should read it carefully, sign, and upload to the online system。
Survey of The Applicant’s Chinese Learning Background (as Appendix II)
Financial Statement: An official bank statement (in Traditional Chinese or English) that indicates an account balance of more than NTD$120,000 (or USD$4,000). The statement has to be issued by a financial institution within the last 3 months to the application date or a certificate of receiving scholarship from Taiwan Government. If the bank statement is not the applicant himself/herself, a statement from the sponsor (in Traditional Chinese or English) is required.
Other Supporting Documents: Proof of achievement of specialized works (or special performances), other relevant licenses, certifications. Please attach English certificates if the applicants are applying for an English Program.
* 註1. 上述畢業證書、在學證明及歷年成績單等申請資料如為中、英文以外之語文，應加附中文或英文譯本。成績證明須由學生就讀學校出具，且一律須加蓋教務處戳章。
* 註2. 畢業證書、在學證明及歷年成績單，申請時提供電子檔，經錄取來臺註冊入學後須繳交經中華民國政府駐外機構驗證或僑務委員會指定保薦單位核驗之正本俾供審查(須譯成中文，若為英文證件則免譯)，否則將視為報名資格不符，已錄取者將撤銷錄取及入學資格。
* 註3. 凡逾期報名或所附證件不全者，一律不予受理報名；除本校主動通知者外，皆不得申請補繳。
* Note 1. If the aforementioned documents, such as diploma, certificate of enrollment, and academic transcript, are languages other than Chinese or English, the applicants must submit a Chinese or English version the documents. The transcript must be an official document from the school and stamped by the school’s Academic Affairs Office.
* Note 2. Applicants must submit an electronic file of the diploma, certificate of enrollment, and transcript. Once admitted to and registered at the university in Taiwan, the applicants must submit the original copy of these documents (and have them translated into Chinese if they are in languages other than Chinese or English), which must be verified by the overseas mission of Taiwan or a recommendation unit designated by the Overseas Community Affairs Council, for the university’s review. Applicants who do not provide the aforementioned documents will be disqualified for admission; if they are already admitted to the university, their admission will be revoked.
* Note 3. Late applications after the deadline or applications that provide incomplete information will not be considered. Applicants cannot apply to submit late documents unless they are informed by YZU to do so.
- 放榜後，請先至線上申請系統 回覆入學意願，並上傳元智大學外國學生具結書及中文程度調查表。
Please check the results on the application website, confirm the offer and upload the Declaration for International Students of Yuan Ze University and Survey of the Applicant's Chinese Learning Background by the deadline.
New students of the International Foundation Program are required to reside on campus. Please download the Yuan Ze University Student Housing Agreement, complete the necessary information, and sign it. The form should be submitted to the dormitory reception desk during check-in.
The tuition fee for the first semester in International Foundation Program is 30,000 NTD. For other relevant fees, please refer to the guidelines.